<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/22581490?origin\x3dhttp://-erised.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
soulmates.
Profile



sookee

04071987
NTU, NBS

your thoughts?



Good Reads

Ade
Becky
Bena
Cheryl
Hana
Jacqueline
Jiani
Josephine
Laura
Michie
Minshan
Shir
Xin
Yeow Teck
Yihan
Yueru
Ziwan

rewind

February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009

credits

xxx

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Thurs, 21 June

Surprise party for Willy M.J.!

Since he's leaving for Switzerland on 22 June and his birthday falls on the 28th, we decided to give him a birthday surprise before he leaves flies off to the faraway land. First we got Reubs to go to his house on the pretense of fixing his laptop before he goes on the exchange studies (luckily Reub could go off work earlier). Then Pravin and Fel met up at Westmall after their work to buy the birthday cake. I took a bus from Newton after my work and met both of them straight at the bus stop near Willy's condo. Jess had something on at the eleventh hour and Sa was just late, as usual. The rest of our jc mates couldn't make it.
So the 3 of us were just outside of his house and we realised none of us had a lighter nor matchsticks. We resorted to borrow fire from his neighbours, who turned out to be a pair of angmoh couple just recently shifted in. So they had no lighter nor matchsticks too. Then Fel had to take the birthday candles and enter their house to light them (from their stove perhaps). Haha, it was quite a funny situation.

And ding dong! Willy opened his door.


Look at his shocked face (and Reubs grinning from ear to ear)! Surprise suceeded =D He's apparently VERY elated haha.
Making a wish.
Cutting the cake (you can still see the smoke from the blown-out candles).
A group pic after a heartening dinner of Canadian pizzas.

Fri, June 23

Last day of work at P&G!
The day started off well (:

And I finally got to see my boss! As in, I didn't know I was doing secretarial work all along (coordinating meetings, booking meeting rooms, blocking calendars for people etc) and that the lady I was covering duties for had 1 or 2 bosses whom she worked for. So there was this associate director (not of the whole P&G of course) who kept asking me to do stuff for him like applying his new passport, doing PR stamp, visa blah blah blah. Wah lao damn irritating and I know nuts about all the applications. So gotta keep asking other people but eventually everything went smoothly. So before that I've only seen him in passport-sized photos and I must say, he looked more friendly in person haha. He looked like some terrorist in the photos (he's like a North Indian).

Anyway he said he was impressed with what I've done because I had only been doing the job for a few days (but you might ask how difficult can secretarial work be). Yay! But it really wasn't that demanding, I even had time to chat with people on Web Messenger and read a fan fiction of Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows haha. So at the end of the day he was asking if I would like to stay on to work at P&G. As flattered as I've felt (Procter & Gamble is really a very good firm), I told him I couldn't stay on because I am still schooling PLUS I wouldn't want to continue doing secretarial work! Crazy. I told him maybe I would go back as a financial analyst for P&G after I graduated. Well he said I could TRY. Which is true because I heard from my other colleague that in order to become a permanent staff at P&G you have to take some written test consisting of questions testing your general and financial knowledge etc, regardless of whatever post you're applying for. I think it is madness because financial knowledge will be totally irrelevant for admin and secretarial posts right? That's why a lot of people are under renewal contracts. Another thing is there's no fixed seat for a person, so you can see most of the tables are not decorated with personal stuff (except for the secretaries' tables). People just carry their laptop wherever they go and be seated at different desks everyday. Weird!

Oh well, I'm jobless JIT for Mich's return from Aus on Monday night ;)

Sat, June 23

Went town with my 2 very close primary school friends and you've guessed them right again- Minshan and Bena! Seriously, how many close PRIMARY school friends do you think I'd have?

Bena and I were late for 40 minutes and Ms was really, really, REALLY fuming when we reached at 2.40 pm. Whoops. But she was okay with us by the time we finished our desserts hehe. We had "afternoon tea" at a Japanese restaurant in Paragon. Healthy and nice.


This reminded me of the stupid travel show on Chn 5 hosted by Michelle Chong and some guy, Seoul Far Seoul Good. HAHAHA.Ms's green tea cheesecake and ice cream.
Bena and I ordered the same thing- Cream Anmitsu (something like that).

First stop: Heerens. I never knew there's so much stuff to shop at Heerens! We stayed there for the most part of our day. Bought a dress at Flowers in the Attic for Bena as her birthday present (long due). I also bought a top for myself at another shop. Ms was just restraining herself because she's going to Taiwan soon for 8-days-Madness-Shopping.
Then we went to Far East and Bena bought another dress at Phuture London (everything was going for 50% less!). We had dinner at Ramen Ten.



Continued to shop around a little more and by 9 pm, we gave up.
Last stop: Charles & Keith @ Wisma (because Bena die also wanted to go). She got her last buy of the day there too. Then we took train to Bishan and Reubs sent all of us home. While waiting for the train to come...






Actually I didn't just stay at home after I got home haha. I ate the porridge (scallops and prawns. yums) my mom cooked for dinner and accompanied Reubs for supper at Al-Ameen. That idiot was so lame he just parked his car under my house's carpark and told me to drive my dad's car. So lazy! Seeing that he sent my 2 friends home before that, I took pity on him and relented (I'm sure I was more tired than him!). Reached home around 12 am ++, watched the movie The Last Kiss on my laptop and hit the sacks around 2 am ++.

Today is ROT-AT-HOME-DAY!

11:59 AM